Work From Home
St. Luke’s Seeks Experienced Coders in Florida, Kansas, Missouri or Texas
If you have inpatient coding experience and live in Florida, Kansas, Missouri or Texas, then this remote job could be for you. St. Luke’s Health System, a health services provider in the Kansas City region, is looking for a full-time inpatient coder to join its team of over 12,000 employees.
If you want to be part of a team of exceptional professionals striving for excellence in patient care, then read on.
Inpatient Coder at St. Luke’s Health System
Pay: Not specified
- Reviewing clinical documentation to extract data and apply appropriate coding for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance.
- Assigning the appropriate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigning “present-on-admission indicators,” as well as identifying hospital-acquired conditions.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Previous inpatient coding experience.
- Certification in AHIMA and Health Information Management.
- The ability to determine principal diagnosis, comorbidities and complications, secondary conditions and surgical procedures.
Jessica Gray is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. Read her other articles and full bio here.