Work From Home
This Technical Support Rep Job With Lumen Pays Up to $34K/Year (12 States)
Work from one of 12 states as a technical support representative for Lumen. Not sure how to do this? Lumen has a technical support training program, which starts Oct. 11.
This full-time position may include weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime. You will be helping customers with their service-related needs, including everything from diagnosing network issues to landline troubleshooting to handling common phone hardware and software configurations. You may also need to schedule technicians for on-site service calls.
The salary ranges $24,513 to $34,028. Benefits include pay raises every six months during the first year, a 401(k) savings with company match, a tuition assistance program and survivor benefits. This is a union position, and you may be required to join the union and to pay union dues as a condition of your employment.
Since you’ll be working from home, you must have high-speed Internet with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps, and your computer needs to be physically connected to the modem or router using an Ethernet cable. Lumen supplies employees with a Windows 10 laptop, second monitor, keyboard, mouse and USB headset.
Technical Support Rep for Lumen
- Helping customers to resolve basic network and functionality issues.
- Explaining common phone hardware and software configurations to customers.
- Scheduling a technician dispatch for service calls when necessary.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A quiet home environment with Internet.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to multi-task via Microsoft Windows.
- High speed Internet with minimum speed of 10 Mbps.
- Raises every six months during the first year.
- A 401(k) savings with company match.
- Tuition assistance program with up to $5,200 annually.
- Survivor benefits.
- Monthly fitness reimbursement.
- Wellness rewards.
Check out these related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.