Work From Home
This Claims Management Company Needs a Service Center Associate
Insurance claims aren’t fun. If you have one, that means something bad has happened, like a tree fell on your house or you got hurt at work. It takes a special kind of person to be on the other side of that phone call and process your claim while helping you feel better about your situation.
Sedgwick, an insurance claims processing company that emphasizes that “taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do,” is looking to hire a remote service center associate. The person in this position handles incoming claims from people facing difficult times in their lives.
If you are looking for a work-from-home opportunity where you can really help people in need of a friendly, helpful voice, this job could be for you.
Service Center Representative at Sedgwick
- Taking new incoming claims and handing them off to the appropriate claims handler.
- Accurately recording application information meeting both the internal and external customer requirements.
- Reaching out to customers by phone, written correspondence or the claims system for claims documentation.
- Keeping customers informed on required time frames and current claim status.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A year of customer service experience – or a combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office and other basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of insurance claims management, including an understanding of medical terminology.
- Health insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid time off.
- Flexible schedules.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.