Work From Home
This Travel Agency Is Hiring a Remote Villa Reservation Agent in 42 States
Travel has its time and place, sure. But you enjoy the creature comforts of home life just the same.
World Travel Holdings, a cruise and leisure travel company, has an opening for a remote villa reservation agent.
The reservation agent, or “Villa Specialist,” will work in the luxury division upselling high-end villa rentals to affluent clientele.
The company is looking for someone with a strong motivation to sell and knowledge of popular luxury vacation destinations, so the client can get the best recommendations for rental properties.
Agents are required to work 40 hours per week during core sales hours. That includes Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. a.m. and weekends, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Unfortunately, residents of Alaska, California, Hawaii, Kentucky, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania aren’t eligible to apply. Here’s why some companies sometimes have state restrictions on work-from-home jobs.
The company will provide all necessary equipment.
Remote Villa Reservation Agent at World Travel Holdings
- Selling luxury villa reservations.
- Working with villa suppliers to confirm availability and invoicing customers.
- Inputting reservations using the company systems.
- Completing paperwork and other administrative functions related to reservations.
- Maintaining contact with customers to generate new business.
- Completing training and online courses as required.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of experience selling luxury travel.
- Strong destination-based knowledge of popular travel locations such as Europe – especially France and Italy – the Caribbean, Hawaii and Mexico.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- A designated home office space.
- High speed internet (5 MBps download, 2 MBps upload).
- A landline phone.
Benefits (after 90 days) include:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) program with “discretionary” matching by employer.
- Paid time off.
- Employee travel discounts.
Kaitlyn Blount is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.