Work From Home
This OkCupid Customer Service Job Will Let You Help Others Find Love
Get ready those heart-tipped arrows — dating app OkCupid is hiring.
The support team is expanding to include a remote customer care representative that specializes in billing support. Reps handle inbound customer inquiries, troubleshoot user issues and collect feedback.
And maybe it’s just because it’s a dating site, but don’t go looking for a commitment upfront. The job listing says it’s a three-month temporary contract position, but play your cards right, and you could turn this into a full-time relationship.
This position requires one to five years of related customer service experience with big bonus points for fluency in another language (especially Hebrew or Hindi). Sorry, the language of love doesn’t count.
Include a cover letter that shows off your personality when applying. Be sure to mention:
- Two customer service situations that you’re most proud of.
- Your favorite joke.
- The keyword “okcupidcare” somewhere in the letter.
Customer Care – Billing Support at OkCupid
- Handling billing issues and requests..
- Responding to inbound customer support emails,.
- Troubleshooting user issues, escalating critical ones as needed.
- Collecting feedback and contributing to knowledge base.
Applicants for this position must have:
- One to five years of experience in a similar customer service environment.
- Experience with Android and iPhone apps.
- Ability to respond to complicated scenarios with appropriate written solutions.
- Skills in prioritization and empathy.