Work From Home
This Sports Retailer Needs a Full-Time Customer Service Rep on a Temp Basis
Consider yourself a professor of sports and the great outdoors?
Academy Sports + Outdoors, a prominent retailer, is hiring a full-time, temporary customer service rep in Alabama, Oklahoma or Texas. This job requires six or more months of customer service experience. Previous work-from-home experience is a plus.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) applicants or those with knowledge of Academy products are preferred. Home office requirements include a high-speed internet connection, a computer with an up-to-date operating system and a webcam, dual monitors, a USB microphone and a distraction-free environment.
A digital video assessment is part of the application process, according to the listing. The listing did not include pay, but Glassdoor estimates the hourly wage between $9 and $10.
Founded way back in 1938 as a tire store in San Antonio, Academy has expanded into an sporting goods giant with 245 stores across the nation.
Customer Service Associate at Academy Sports + Outdoors
Pay: Not specified
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries via chat, email and phone
- Providing customers with information about Academy products and services
- Documenting customer contacts and following up when necessary
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Six months of customer service experience
- A residence in Alabama, Oklahoma or Texas
- A home-office setup with the following:
- Distraction-free work environment
- A computer running an up-to-date operating system with at least 4GB of RAM and a webcam
- Dual screen monitors
- High-speed broadband internet connection, minimum 5 Mbps download speed
- USB headset