Work From Home
This Tech-Support and Sales Consultant Gig Is Available in 36 States
Sutherland, a staffing and outsourcing firm, is looking for a “jack-of-all-trades” to be a tech-support and sales consultant in the cable industry. This remote job is available in 36 states, with trainings starting in July.
In this role, you’ll answer calls from customers to help with their questions regarding products, services and problems. You’ll also recommend additional products and services.
Sutherland is looking for applicants living in 36 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. (Here’s why some work-from-home jobs have state restrictions.)
Once hired, you’ll attend four weeks of in-home training that consists of four hours of classroom instruction and four hours of self-paced learning each day. Following training, you’ll participate in a program called “nesting,” where you’ll take live calls under supervision for six weeks. The three training classes in July start on July 7, July 9 or July 21.
Classes are from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Sunday through Thursday, and nesting is from 4:15 p.m. to 11:45 p.m..
After training, you’ll start a work schedule that also includes evenings and weekends.
Tech Support and Sales Consultant at Sutherland
Pay: Not specified
- Answering phone calls from customers with questions about products and services.
- Educating customers about their current products and services.
- Suggesting other products and services using a service-to-sales approach.
- Accessing the company databases to provide instructions on fixing customers’ problems.
- Checking the status of work orders and scheduling appointment and service calls.
- Asking questions to help troubleshoot and resolve customers’ technical issues.
- Following up with customers to make sure their needs are met.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Basic keyboarding skills (25-plus words per minute).
- Service-to-sales, tech-support or CRM experience (preferred).
- A distraction-free, secure workplace in your home.
Technology requirements include:
- A 20-inch computer monitor or larger, with a DisplayPort and cables.
- Wired, full-size keyboard with a USB connection (Dell KB216 wired keyboard or better is acceptable).
- A wired mouse.
- Wired, noise-cancelling dual-ear headphones with a USB connection.
- Hard-wired internet connection in your home (no wireless or satellite connections).
- Internet speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download.
- Paid training.
- Performance bonuses.
- Sales incentives.
Matt Reinstetle is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.