Work From Home
VIPdesk Connect Is Hiring Sales and Customer Services Reps for HomeAdvisor
If you’re one of the few whose copy of Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends & Influence People” isn’t collecting dust, then you should check out this customer service and sales rep job.
VIPdesk Connect, a customer service outsourcing company for the retail, travel, consumer products and financial services industries, is hiring part-time sales brand ambassadors for its HomeAdvisor sales team. So home-improvement knowledge is a plus.
The position is available in these 14 states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia.
The inbound customer service/sales rep gig is a hybrid role with pay partially based on commission. So your smooth talking will be rewarded. Some top earners make over $18 an hour, according to the listing. But note, that’s not the base pay.
According to Glassdoor, customer service reps make $10 an hour before commission.
Beside performance-based bonuses, other perks include flex scheduling throughout the week. Sales reps can strike a good work/life balance by choosing a minimum 18-hour work week between the following EST times:
- Monday to Friday, 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Get to crafting that perfect schedule. The next round of paid, daily training sessions begins Aug. 10, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
Sales ain’t for everyone. We know. Hop on over to our brand new Work-From-Home Jobs Portal to find the perfect fit.
Customer Service and Inbound Sales Representative at VIPdesk
Pay: Not Specified
- Fielding inbound customer inquiries on behalf of HomeAdvisor
- Scheduling appointments and referring customers to pre-screened home-improvement contractors for maintenance, repair and improvement projects
- Upselling or cross-selling customers relevant HomeAdvisor products and services
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of customer service experience (inbound sales experience a plus)
- An ability to type at 35 words per minute
- A PC computer with a 64-bit Windows operating system (Sorry, Apple fans.)
- A dedicated home-office environment
- An internal or USB webcam
- A high-speed, wired internet connection (5 Mbps download; 2.5 Mbps upload)
Adam Hardy is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. He lives off a diet of stale puns and iced coffee. Read his full bio here.