Work From Home
Vox Media Needs a Part-Time Freelancer for Its Travel and Food Section
Here’s a freelance gig that will make any aspiring journalist’s mouth water.
Vox Media, the parent company to several big media brands like The Verge, Vox, SB Nation and others, is hiring an editorial associate for its travel and food vertical, aptly named Eater Travel.
Jet setters, no need to worry. The job is freelance, and there are no location requirements. So feel free to work in between chomps of gumbo in New Orleans or sips of nokcha in Seoul.
This position requires eight to 12 hours a week and one to three years relevant writing or editing experience.
Editorial Associate at Vox Media (Eater Travel)
Pay: Not specified
- Copyediting stories for Eater’s travel vertical
- Writing copy to promote stories on social media
- Researching and sourcing photographs
- Fact checking stories
- Populating Eater’s content management system with articles
Applicants for this position must have:
- One to three years of writing or editing experience
- Some basic knowledge of publishing
- Experience using Google Docs and Drive