Work From Home
Work as a Corporate Travel Consultant for BCD — Available in 12 States
One of the cruel ironies of working in the travel industry: You often have to work weekends so you don’t have time to enjoy travel yourself.
BCD, a global event-planning and travel agency, is looking for a virtual corporate travel consultant who — yes — gets their weekends off.
In this role, you’ll support a single client, with responsibilities for handling incoming requests via phone, email and more. The job is available in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas
And although you’ll have your weekends to yourself, you’ll need enough flexibility to be available to work shifts between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
Corporate Travel Consultant at BCD Travel
- Searching for and confirming travel reservations.
- Understanding client’s travel policy requirements, industry standards and federal regulations when fulfilling requests and interacting with the client.
- Providing offers and advice to travelers.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least three years of experience in the travel industry, with a strong background in international travel.
- Proficiency using Sabre GDS and other travel industry systems (Microsoft Office also preferred).
- Multitasking, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Professional customer service and strong communication skills in designated languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism-related field is preferred.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.