Work From Home
Work As a Part-Time English Tutor for Rosetta Stone, Day or Night
On the hunt for a part-time job? Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, Rosetta Stone could be speaking your language.
The foreign-language instruction software company has posted several listings for part-time, online English language tutors. This work-from-home gig requires candidates to work about eight to 12 hours each week. Shifts include both weekdays and weekends. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Tutors coordinate small online sessions that help both beginners and advanced learners with speech and with understanding the social norms of their new language. Rosetta Stone is looking for native English speakers who preferably have teaching or tutoring experience.
This job listing does not indicate how many people the company plans to hire. Schedules with Eastern Standard Time availability are required. Shift times vary by location.
A spokeswoman said that, despite the location stated on the applications, positions are available to anyone across the U.S.
Morning and day shifts:
- Apply here for the Birmingham, Alabama, (5 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Jackson, Mississippi, (5 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Newark, New Jersey, (5 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, (5 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST) position.
Evening and night shifts:
- Apply here for the Arlington, Virginia, (3 a.m. to 7 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, (3 a.m. to 7 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Provo, Utah, (7 p.m. to midnight EST) position.
- Apply here for the Charlottesville, Virginia, or Portland, Oregon, (7 p.m. to 12 a.m. EST) position.
- Apply here for the Nashville, Tennessee, (7 p.m. to 12 a.m. EST) position.
U.K. natives who are authorized to work in the U.S. are also eligible to tutor. These positions have separate applications on Rosetta Stone’s career portal.
English Language Online Tutor at Rosetta Stone
Pay: Not Specified
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Be a native English speaker.
- Have a personal computer with broadband internet access.
- Be comfortable working a flexible schedule.
- Have some teaching or tutoring experience (preferred).
- Be willing to adapt the course content to fit the needs of the learner.
- Be comfortable using WebEx, Adobe, or any other web conferencing service.
Staff writer Adam Hardy contributed to this report. Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.