Work From Home
Work From Home as an Executive Assistant for the American Red Cross
If you dream of making a difference with an organization like the American Red Cross but have an aversion to blood and gross stuff like that, this could be the job for you.
The disaster-relief humanitarian organization is hiring a full-time executive assistant for its training services division. You’ll guide volunteers as you provide administrative support to the Scientific Advisory Council, a team dedicated to ensuring Red Cross programs are based on the most current scientific research.
Although the organization would prefer someone based in Washington, D.C., the job listing indicates it will consider candidates from anywhere in the U.S.
Executive Assistant at American Red Cross
- Preparing and editing written materials, including memos, reports and correspondence.
- Developing presentations and spreadsheets by compiling statistics, timelines, tables and graphs utilizing the department database.
- Analyzing operating practices and recommending improvements.
- Planning and supporting biannual council meetings.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least seven years of experience or educational equivalent.
- Proficiency in computer and typing skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Health, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% company match.
- Paid time off, plus six paid holidays.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.