How to Get Free Money – These Companies Will Give You $1,795
Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch?
Every year businesses give away thousands of dollars in free money and gift cards as a way of promoting their websites or products.
We’ve put together a list of 14 of them that will give you a ridiculous $1,795 in free cash right now.
Some of them are as simple as filling out a form. Some of them take a bit more effort, but you can easily knock out all of them in a couple of hours.
Without further ado, here are the 14 companies giving out free money right now….
1. Get $5 From Stash to Start Saving & Investing
I’m kind of obsessed with Stash (and not just because they give you $5).
Stash is an app available for both Android and Apple smartphones, and it makes it super simple to (finally) take the dive into investing, even if you don’t have a whole lot of spare cash.
To get the $5 bonus, just enter your email here, download the Stash smartphone app and setup your account with the same email address.
You’ll see the bonus added to your account within two business days.
2. Get a Free $10 Walmart Gift Card
Have you heard of Ebates?
It’s a cash-back site that pays you for shopping online. We use it all the time — it’s an instant way to save on everything you buy.
Right now Ebates is offering a pretty sweet deal: Spend $25 and they’ll send you a free $10 Walmart gift card!
Here’s how it works…
- Sign up for Ebates here (you just need to give them a name and email address).
- You’ll need to make at least $25 in purchases through Ebates online shopping portal within 90 days of signing up. If you do, Ebates rewards you with a $10 Walmart gift card. Easy peasy.
On top of that, Ebates is currently offering 1% cash back on Walmart purchases.
3. Open a Netspend.com Account – FREE $20
Editor’s Note (7/28/16): This has worked for more than 10,000 readers so far, but we’ve also heard from more than 100 folks that they were not credited with their $20 bonus. Furthermore, it looks the Netspend customer service is not very helpful in addressing these issues, so we’re no longer 100% confident in this offer.
This is another easy $20 just for requesting a prepaid, reloadable card from Netspend.
I’ve tested this one and over 200 hundred readers have cashed in on this, so you know it’s a good one.
2. You will receive your NetSpend “Visa” Debit card within 10 business days. Mine made it here in four days.
3. Once you receive the card, simply log into NetSpend and activate it.
4. In order to get the free $20, you’ll need to load the card with a minimum of $40 using PayPal, a bank account or one of the other options.
5. Once you load the $40, NetSpend will add $20 to your available balance on the card. I confirmed this myself with my own card.
6. Go to the ATM and withdraw the $60 total from your card or spend the funds at your local store, online, or wherever you can use a credit card. Yes, if you withdraw the money via ATM or cash back, you’ll be hit with the $2 fee for a PIN transaction or a $2.50 ATM Fee (would only be $17.50 – $18 bonus in this case). But, you can avoid the fee by ACH transferring it for free back to your bank
Read more here: “Free $20 Cash for Signing Up at Netspend”
4. Complete a Few Surveys at VIP Voice – FREE $30
There are a number of sites on the web that will pay you to read advertiser’s emails, sign up for offers, and take surveys.
I’ve tried about a million of them, but there are only a few I’d recommend. VIP Voice is one of those companies. The surveys are relatively quick to complete and reward you with points that can later be redeemed for cash or gift cards.
Sign up for this at the beginning of the month and promise yourself you’ll log-in a few times each week. You’ll have no trouble earning an extra $30 this month.
5. Sign Up for a Bank Bonus – FREE $250
A number of banks will give you free cash just for opening a new account.
And there’s no harm in having multiple bank accounts. In fact, I often find it’s helpful to have multiple places to save (I’m less likely to touch the money), so I have savings accounts for my Christmas and vacation fund.
The top bank bonus is $250 right now — head over to this list to see all of the banks in you area offering free cash.
6. Rent Out Your Extra Baby Stuff With This App — FREE $20+
Traveling with kids can be rewarding, but also very challenging.
The goBaby app aims to make it a little easier on parents — while giving other parents the chance to make some extra cash.
Packing and hauling baby stuff across airports, planes, trains and automobiles sucks, and it might even cost you extra money.
Through the goBaby app, New York City-based mother of two Natalie Kaminski created a parent-to-parent marketplace where traveling parents could rent baby gear like strollers, car seats and other items from local parents with the same to spare.
This Airbnb-style exchange for baby supplies is available in New York City and will be launching soon in Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Chicago.
If you live in one of these cities, use the app to monetize the baby gear you already own!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a photo of the item you want to rent out. Add a brief description, and set your price.
- Choose whether you’ll deliver the item or have the renter pick it up.
- Give the item to the renter, and get it back within the scheduled dates.
- Get paid. Repeat!
7. Do Your Shopping via Ebates – FREE $10
The folks over at Ebates are giving away $10 gift cards when you sign-up as a new member.
You can choose either a $10 Target, Walmart, Macy’s or Kohl’s gift card. You need to make a $25 purchase at any of the stores on its shopping list in order to qualify for the free gift card.
I certainly don’t recommend spending $25 just to get a $10 gift card, but if you have plans to buy something online anyway, I’d definitely cash in on this…
Have a gift card from a birthday or Christmas that needs to be spent? Look at this as a way to get a little bit extra back on your purchase.
Some of the cash-back offers I use frequently include 3% back from iTunes, 1% back from the Apple Store, and 3% back from Target purchases. But there are tons of stores to pick from, as well.
Read more about it here: “Get a FREE $10 Target Gift Card from Ebates.com”
8 – 12. Sign Up for a New Credit Card – FREE $1,425
One of the best ways for a Penny Hoarder to make some serious extra cash is to take advantage of credit card sign-up bonuses.
Of course, to get the most benefit, you should have excellent credit, and routinely pay off your card in full each month so you’re not paying interest. (After all, every time you pay interest, you’re losing some of the positive effects of the bonuses.)
Just recently I received over $1,300 in credit card bonuses by selectively choosing new cards to apply for and use. All I had to do was put my regular spending on the credit card over the course of a few months. Here’s the full list.
For those of you wondering, here’s a great article on how to do this without hurting your credit score: How Opening and Closing Credit Cards Affects Your Credit Score
13. Transfer Your Prescription to a New Drug Store – $25
If you have a monthly prescription from your doctor, I’ve got an easy way for you to make $25 bucks a month…
Several of the national grocery and drug store chains have been know to run promotions that give you free cash or a gift card when you transfer a prescription to their store.
If you can’t find a coupon for a specific location, ask your store manager if they’ll accept a competitor coupon. Then you can take a Walgreens coupon (or another one that you find) and have your store match it. Lots of stores will do this including Publix and some Walmarts, CVS, and Rite Aid locations.
Read more about this trick here: “Here’s a neat trick to make $25/month if you have a prescription…“
There you have it. If you’ve finished the list, you’ve just made $1,795 in FREE money.
Feel free to take the weekend off.
Good luck Penny Hoarders!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. We’re letting you know because it’s what Honest Abe would do. After all, he is on our favorite coin.