3 MIN READ
Want to Go on a Cruise? This Work-From-Home Job Comes With a Discount
Time to hit cruise control and seas the day — because this job is something from a fanta-sea.
OK, but puns aside, Holland America Line (think: Princess Cruises) is hiring full-time, work-from-home reservation sales agents in 11 states — including Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
But this isn’t just any customer service gig. It’s high tide you snag up some awesome benefits, too.
What You’ll Do as a Reservation Sales Agent
Because Holland America Line is in the vacation business, customer service is key. That’s where the reservation sales agent sails in.
Your primary job is to receive inbound calls from travel professionals and consumers. You’ll need to create relationships (remember, they can hear a smile!), recommend cruises and book them — plus any shore excursions.
You’ll want to be extremely knowledgeable so you can proactively help customers and resolve any issues. If you like to work for certain goals, that’s perfect.
What It Takes to Become a Reservation Sales Agent
Because this is a work-from-home job, you’ll need to meet some standards.
You need to have high-speed broadband internet in your home (or desired place of work) and feel comfortable with Microsoft Office products and keywords.
However, the job listing doesn’t go into any crazy gigabyte/megabyte/kilobyte requirements — thank goodness.
You’ll need to provide quality customer service, so previous experience in customer service jobs or sales is required — preferably in the travel or hospitality industry.
You’ll also need to be flexible, as you might have to work overtime and weekends.
OK, So Let’s Talk Benefits
Whale, it’s aboat time.
For a work-from-home, customer-oriented job, these benefits are pretty stellar. Just let me tell you:
- 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- “Generous” cruise and travel perks for you and the fam
- Complete benefit plans for medical, dental and vision purposes
- Health and wellness programs, which include discounted health benefits and memberships (I’m thinking about a gym, maybe)
- Tuition reimbursement of up to 80% with a max of $2,000 per year
- 401(k) — yay! — with a 33% company match on employees’ first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years
- Profit-sharing plans available after your first year
- Employee stock purchase plan (discount on Carnival Corporation stock)
- Training — as in you’ll be able to take professional development courses
- Rewards and incentives like employee discounts at retail stores
As far as the pay, I reached out to Holland American Line’s press team and have been directed to its recruiting team. As soon as I hear back, I’ll let you all know.
In the meantime, just soak up these pacific benefits.
Anyways, water you waiting for? Apply for the job online.
To find more work-from-home jobs (and less awful puns), visit our Facebook jobs page.
Your Turn: How about those benefits? Will you apply?
Carson Kohler (@CarsonKohler) is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder. After recently completing graduate school, she focuses on saving money — and surviving the move back in with her parents.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.