Get Your Paws on This Work-From-Home Staff Writer Job With Wide Open Pets
Have you ever clicked on a video of a teacup pig in a tutu, then the next thing you know, it’s two hours later and you’ve been lost in animal videos?
Or do you constantly browse pet-adoption websites, even though you already have six dogs and a rabbit? Or do you have pet chickens all named after celebrities (Cluck Norris, Sir-Clucks-a-Lot, Heidi Plume)?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s safe to say you’re an animal lover.
And if you didn’t answer yes but still have a passion for pets and have solid writing skills, then we’ve got a work-from-home job for you.
Wide Open Pets is an online community for pet lovers and pet owners alike, and it’s looking for a remote staff writer. If you joined the team, you’d be writing about animals of all varieties, not just cats and dogs.
And if writing about animals doesn’t sound like your thing, no worries. You can check out our Jobs page on Facebook; we’re always posting new work-from-home opportunities.
Staff Writer at Wide Open Pets
Pay: Hourly, not specified
Schedule: Remote, 25 hours per week
- Writing breaking news and lifestyle stories centered around pets and animals
- Publishing content that appeals to the Heartland audience, such as stories about goats, chickens and cows
- Working with the managing editor to grow the Wide Open Pets online presence
Note: The managing editor is based out of Reno, Nevada, but applicants from across the country are welcome to apply.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Two years of online writing experience
- One year of SEO writing experience
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to write engaging content in a timely manner
- Ability to pitch and source new ideas
- Editorial experience for online writing
- Previous experience writing about pets and animals
- Previous writing experience using research and analytics
Apply here for the Staff Writer position at Wide Open Pets.
Kaitlyn Blount is a junior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She doesn’t even have to get paid to talk about her dogs all day (but some might pay her to stop).
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.