I love my family and friends — and I hate shopping for ’em.
I’ve known my best friend since I was 4. That’s 20 years of friendship. What does it culminate in? A random Christmas present — anything with cats on it. (Totally exposed that strategy…)
It’s like a hot potato. I get nervous, grab something and throw it. Here. Whatever it costs. Just have it.
No more, my friends. I’ve got a back-pocket solution, one for eternal virtual bookmarking.
Our 2016 Holiday Gift Guides — All of Them
I’ve rounded up all The Penny Hoarder’s holiday gift guides.
Here, you’ll find everything you need with a pleasant little — or practically nonexistent — price tag.
7 Gift Guides Based on Your Budget
If you haven’t already, make a holiday shopping budget. Seriously, it won’t take too long, and, in the end, you’ll save more.
Work from there.
Here are 7 gift guides to peruse based on your budget.
- 100 Free Gifts Your Friends and Family Will Actually Want to Receive
- 50 Holiday Gifts Under $10 Your Friends Will Actually Want
- Spend Less, Give More: 100 Holiday Gift Ideas Under $25
- Tight Holiday Budget? 10 Free and Low-Cost Christmas Gift Ideas
- Get a Head Start on the Holidays: 99 Inexpensive DIY Gifts to Start Making Now
- 25 Last-Minute Christmas Gifts That Don’t Suck
- Be the Coolest Secret Santa: These 12 Awesome Gifts Cost Less than $20
11 Gift Guides Based on the Recipient
There’s always that one person on your list who has extreme interests, but you just don’t know where to even start.
Being a parent? Well how much more vague can you get. A hipster? Yikes — don’t know where to start there.
Here are 11 gift guides based on your recipient.
- 14 Gifts Under $25 That Even the Pickiest Hipster Will Love
- What to Give a Globetrotter: 15 Awesome Travel Gifts Under $25
- Beyond Books: 12 Gifts Under $25 for the Book Lovers on Your Holiday List
- Go Beyond Gift Cards: 12 Awesome Gifts Under $25 for Coffee Lovers
- 15 Unique Gifts Under $25 Parents Will Always Appreciate
- Gifts for Kids: 20 Educational Toys That Cost Less Than $35
- Let Them Unwrap Awesome: College Students Will Love These 15 Gifts Under $25
- Gifts for Freelancers: Help Your Favorite Writers, Designers and Business Owners Make Money in 2016
- 8 Holiday Gifts That Will Help Your Friends and Family Make and Save More Money
- Want to Buy Gifts AND Give Back? Check Out These 15 Charitable Gifts Under $25
- The Gift That (Really) Keeps on Giving: 21 Subscription Boxes to Give Anyone on Your List
Resources to Help You Jingle-Bell Rock Your Gift-Giving
In case you’re feeling bashful, these are some solid resources we’ve put together to get you on your way to saving money — and not forgetting about any last-minute supplies (i.e. wrapping paper).
- Don’t Even Think About Holiday Gift Shopping Until You’ve Done This
- 10 Embarrassing Online Shopping Fails to Avoid This Holiday Season
- Need It By Christmas? Order by These Dates to Save Money on Shipping
- Is It OK to Buy Holiday Presents at a Thrift Store?
- 4 Tricks for Getting Doorbuster Prices — No Matter When You Shop
- The Best Holiday Toy Deals at Target are Secret. Here’s How to Get Them
- Sick of Wasting Money on Wrapping Paper and Greeting Cards? Here’s How to Save
- Not Quite the Right Fit? These Stores Offer Extended Return Policies for Your Holiday Gifts
- These 15 Stores Offer Free In-Store Pickup — Even as Late as Christmas Eve
Your Turn: What’s your favorite way to save money during the holidays?
Carson Kohler (@CarsonKohler) is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder. After recently completing graduate school, she focuses on saving money — and surviving the move back in with her parents.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.