Work From Home
American Express Is Looking for a Technical Writer Near NYC or Phoenix
As technology evolves, there’s a growing need for people who can bridge the gap between product creators who speak in specialized jargon and everyday customers who don’t have a tech background.
American Express’ global network products team is looking for a technical writer who can take complex information about next generation payment products and make it easy to understand. In addition to excellent writing skills, job candidates also need to have the ability to communicate technical information graphically.
Although the company prefers candidates who can work out of its New York City or Phoenix offices, they’re also considering virtual job candidates — as long as those individuals are able to meet with its team when needed.
Technical Writer at American Express
- Working on American Express’ global network product team.
- Writing documents relating to the company’s next generation payment products.
- Taking complex subject matter and making it easy to understand to B2B customers.
- Coming up with content strategies to market American Express products.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A technical degree (desired) or demonstrated understanding of technical B2B topics.
- Good writing skills and the ability to make tech jargon understandable.
- Proficiency in Visio and the creativity to use graphics to break down complex topics.
- An attention to detail, analytical skills and an organized nature.
- The ability to meet with product owners and the team in New York City or Phoenix during normal business hours.
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.