Work From Home
Assist Anthem Customers With Insurance Inquiries (Indianapolis Only)
Help people solve their health insurance questions and concerns as a customer care representative for Anthem.
The health insurance provider is looking for candidates in or near Indianapolis to fill this full-time, work-from-home position. You won’t need much prior work history, but one year of customer service experience is ideal.
Since you’ll be dealing with customers’ health information, you’ll need to have a private workspace that meets all the company’s tech requirements.
Customer Care Representative at Anthem
- Answering customer phone calls and written correspondence about insurance benefits, claims, provider contracts and eligibility.
- Responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner and escalating the problem when necessary.
- Documenting customer interactions and updating the company database with customer information and changes.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to one year of customer service experience in an automated environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A noise-free and distraction-free private workspace.
- High-speed, hardwired internet service with at least 20 mbps upload speeds and 5 mbps download speeds.
- Residency in or near the Indianapolis metro area.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.