Work From Home
CBS Interactive Is Looking for a Virtual Editor for ComicBook.com
Get paid to read about comic book culture all day — oh, and assign, write and edit related content, too.
CBS Interactive is looking for a full-time editor for its site ComicBook.com. This work-from-home job is perfect for those who love Marvel, DC Comics, anime, sci-fi and gaming — plus have the journalistic chops to support the editorial team.
Editor at ComicBook.com
- Assigning, editing and occasionally writing trending and entertainment news stories.
- Publishing content on social media.
- Growing the audience and building engagement.
- Collaborating with the editorial, video and creative teams.
- Covering conventions, TV shows, movie premieres and other events for interviews and original content.
- Developing sources and build relationships with key people in the entertainment field.
- Staying up-to-date with best practices in SEO, social media and journalism.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- At least two years of editorial experience.
- Smart judgment in journalistic decision making and content management.
- Great communication, written and organizational skills.
- Self motivation and the ability to work as a team.
- A deep understanding of pop culture and the geek-entertainment sphere.
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.