Work From Home
A Health Care Company Is Hiring a Virtual Authorization Specialist
Working in the health care field doesn’t have to mean being around sick patients all day. CareSource, an Ohio-based health care company, is hiring an associate prior authorization specialist to work from home.
In this role, you’ll assist with health insurance authorizations. You’ll also be updating electronic records with information from patients and medical providers.
At least one year of clinical or insurance experience — or related health care education — is required. Having managed care experience or a medical terminology certificate is preferred.
Associate Prior Authorization Specialist at CareSource
- Assisting in benefits authorizations for out-of-network providers and other authorizations as directed.
- Providing medical facilities or providers with authorization numbers.
- Updating electronic records with data and information from providers and patients, including necessary information for newborns.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of clinical or insurance experience or related health care education or certification.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- A working knowledge of behavioral health systems.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- The ability to work on weekends or holidays as needed.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.