Work From Home
Help People Access Their Vital Records As a Customer Service Rep
Help people access their vital records — including birth certificates and marriage licenses — as a virtual customer service representative for VitalChek.
The subsidiary of LexisNexis is hiring for this position in 48 states and Washington D.C. Residents of California and Hawaii cannot apply.
The starting salary is $15, but you get a 15% pay differential if you work a shift between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Virtual Customer Service Representative at VitalChek
- Responding to roughly 75 inbound calls a day.
- Processing customer orders or cancellations, handling order changes, answering customer inquiries regarding pricing, providing status updates on shipping and remediating customer complaints.
- Documenting customer interactions and alerting management to trends in calls.
- Recommending improvements to the work process.
- Maintaining confidentiality when handling sensitive customer information.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferably at least one year working in a call center environment or another customer service role.
- Working experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Great communication and multitasking skills.
- Stable DSL or broadband internet service with a home router wired to your computer. Your internet service must not be used for non-work purposes during work hours, even by other household members.
- $60 monthly reimbursement for internet service
- 15% pay differential when working between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.