Work From Home
Help Singles Fall in Love With This Remote Customer Care Job at OkCupid
Play a role in helping people fall in love with this remote job at OkCupid.
The online dating company is looking to hire a full-time customer care representative who can troubleshoot users’ issues with the site or mobile app. You’ll be part of a small team and have the opportunity to cross-train in other areas of the company, such as site moderation or billing.
When you apply to this position, make sure your cover letter includes the keyword “okcupidcare,” describes two customer service situations you are most proud of and explains one example of a time where you could have done better. Keep your cover letter lighthearted by sharing your favorite joke. (Honestly, that request is included in the job posting.)
Customer Care Representative at OkCupid
Pay: Not specified
- Handling inbound customer support requests.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and escalating issues when necessary.
- Getting feedback from customers about their experience.
- Contributing to the company’s knowledge base.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least one year of customer service experience, preferably in a web/app support role.
- Internet savvy and the understanding of internet norms and interactions.
- Experience using iPhone and Android apps.
- The availability to work at least one weekend day.
- A passion for helping others and the sensitivity to deal with customers’ concerns.
- Medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Reimbursement for home office setup.
- Flexible hours.
- Company happy hours and other events for employees in the NYC area.
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.