Work From Home
Mentor Fullstack Academy’s Coding Students as a Part-Time Career Coach
There is very little overlap between the skills needed to code and the skills needed to nail a job interview.
That’s where the career coaches at Fullstack Academy come in. Coaches mentor software engineering students to help them develop their resume-writing and interview chops during one-on-one professional development sessions.
These sessions are broken into two 30-minute segments. The first portion is focused on best practices for resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles. The latter portion is all about mock interviews and developing the student’s personal pitch.
The career coach position is part-time and contracted. The schedule for this gig is very flexible but may prove tricky for some: Hours range from 15 to 30 per week between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST with “full-time” days on Thursday, Friday and Monday (i.e. coaches are expected to work eight hours on at least two of those days). These hours are scheduled during three-week working periods that occur every seven weeks — meaning three weeks on, seven weeks off.
Applicants should have a year or two of recruiting of career coaching experience and a passion for mentoring others.
Career Coach at Fullstack Academy
Pay: $1,000 to $10,000
- Conducting career development sessions with software engineering students via Zoom, Skype or Google Hangout
- Reviewing students’ job application materials, such as resumes and LinkedIn profiles
- Developing students’ interviewing skills through mock sessions
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least one year of recruiting or technical career coaching experience
- Previous experience providing career coaching to software developers (an “exceptional” plus)