Work From Home
The Humane League Is Hiring a Remote Content Manager (Salaried Position)
The Humane League has a mission to end the abuse of animals raised for food and is looking for someone to help spread that message.
The organization is hiring a full-time content manager to drive its external communications. This is a remote position, though the job requires some travel — about two or three times a year.
The ideal candidate is someone who is mission-driven, has experience creating and managing content, knows SEO and can excel in a remote work environment.
The salary for this role starts at $56,900. The Humane League also offers a slew of employee benefits.
Content Manager at The Humane League
- Spearheading the company’s content strategy, which includes managing the editorial calendar, writing and editing content and maintaining a consistent voice for the organization.
- Collaborating with other team members and departments to execute various communications needs.
- Creating and implementing an SEO strategy.
- Managing a small team.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or journalism.
- Experience in marketing communications, content creation, editorial management and project management.
- SEO expertise.
- Experience working with a content management system, such as WordPress or Contentful.
- Familiarity with video and design production.
- An eye for grammar and familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English.
- Experience managing others.
- Full medical insurance coverage.
- Dental and vision insurance offered with the employer paying 50% of premiums.
- Life insurance coverage.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- A “progressive” parental leave policy.
- A 401(k) retirement plan.
- Companion animal benefits.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.