Work From Home
This Online Retailer Is Hiring a Seasonal Customer Service Lead ($23/hour)
‘Tis the season for holiday hiring. And with this retail job opportunity, you don’t even have to trade your pajama pants for khakis.
UncommonGoods, an online retailer, is looking to hire a remote customer service lead to manage its team of eight to 10 remote customer service agents. The salary starts at $23 an hour.
While you’ll primarily work from home, you may be required to come to the company’s headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, once every two weeks. This temporary role starts in mid-October and lasts through Christmas.
Customer Service Lead at UncommonGoods
- Supporting and guiding a remote customer service team of about eight to 10 people.
- Helping customer service agents with complicated or escalated issues.
- Resolving customer problems or questions.
- Using Zendesk, Slack and the company’s order management system to assist customers.
- Monitoring workflow queues and ensuring resources are properly allocated to meet customer demand.
- Keeping the senior leadership team aware of any workflow issues.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least one year of remote work experience and at least two years of leadership experience (preferably leading remote teams).
- Stellar customer service skills, including problem solving, de-escalation techniques and issue resolution.
- Great communication and computer skills.
- A quiet, private home office with a reliable DSL internet connection and a headset for taking calls.
- The availability to work between 24 and 40 hours a week, including weekends. Applicants may also be required to work from the Brooklyn, New York, headquarters once every two weeks.
- A 40% employee discount on UncommonGoods products.
- Performance-based bonuses.
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.